ABOUT RAFAEL FELICIANO-ROMAN
(Born Nelson Rafael Feliciano Roman) - is a Queer Afro Taino Artist, Activist and Taino Indigenous Spiritual Healer (Yoruba Priest and Taino Behique) and has been deep in spiritual work and practice for over fifteen years. Rafael's artist focus is Afro-Caribbean Culture & Puerto Rican Bomba.
Rafael is twice formerly homeless. He has held elected office and is a trained Circle keeper. He is the winner of the Jose Julio Sarria Civil Rights, Audre Lorde Founder’s, Business West 40 Under 40 and El Mundo Boston Latino 30 Under 30 and Waterbury Youth Services Coqui Awards.
Rafael is working to dismantle and decolonize himself and the world. Through ensuring that all art, cultural events are offered at little to no cost to the community.
Rafael is the founding person of the following arts and cultural institutions;
- Afro Caribbean Cultural Center, Waterbury, CT
- Pa'lante Theater Company, Connecticut
- Greater Waterbury Puerto Rican Day Parade & Festival, Waterbury, CT
- Greater Waterbury LGBTQIA+ PRIDE Week Committee
- Center for Ancestral Circling, Chicago, IL
- CT Taino Remembrance Day, Waterbury, CT
Rafael also a podcaster with a new Podcast called "Tribe with No Nation" debuting Winter of 2023/2024.
Rafael is a proud Waterbury, CT resident and always considers the mother land of Borinquen as home.